What Is Climate Controlled Self Storage Cape Town?
One of the most popular features introduced to the storage Cape Town industry is the climate-controlled self storage unit. Climate control helps create a perfect environment for your stored belongings, much like you would have in your home. With stable temperatures and humidity levels, your valuables will be better protected from damage in long-term storage.
Do I Need Climate Control For My Self Storage cape town Unit ?
It really depends on what you plan to store and where you live. Temperate climates won’t present as much danger to stored belongings as those that experience extreme temperatures in the winter or summer. Also, some belongings are more sensitive than others, so you need to be aware of the potential for damage to what you’re storing in your self storage unit. If you’re concerned at all about the durability of your valuables, it’s best to play it safe and choose a climate-controlled storage unit.
Three Dangers Climate Control storage cape town units Prevents
Climate-controlled storage cape town units are built to combat three different dangers to your belongings. Those dangers are extreme heat, cold, and humidity. Each one can damage your belongings in different ways, but they can all be prevented with climate-controlled self storage.
- Vinyl records can melt and warp.
- DVDs and CDs lose image and sound quality.
- Wooden furniture is forced to expand and may crack.
- Wine can’t age well, causing it to turn brown or cloudy.
In most parts of South Africa we don’t experience extreme cold. However there are a few parts of the country that have to deal with extreme cold during the winter months, which can also cause problems with belongings in self storage Cape town. While the main concern with cold temperatures is freezing, there are other things that are easily damaged by cold weather.
- Anything that retains moisture can be damaged by freezing and expanding, such as electronics.
- Wooden furniture contracts when it’s cold, which could lead to cracking when it expands again.
Extreme humidity may be the biggest culprit for self storage Cape Town when it comes to damaging items in long-term self storage. That’s why climate-controlled storage units monitor and stabilize humidity levels, too. Humidity can cause damage to almost anything in a storage unit.
- Stuffed toys can grow mildew in a humid environment.
- Cardboard boxes—which most people use in a storage unit—can grow mold or mildew.
- Art can be damaged, as paper and canvas soak up moisture.
- A humid environment can permanently damage most electronic devices.
- Clothes and upholstered furniture can also grow mold and mildew.
- Metal furniture and other metal items rust in humid environments.
Extreme heat can be detrimental to many sensitive items in storage. You may be surprised by what can be damaged in a long-term storage unit without climate control to protect against heat.
Find the best storage cape town at Storage Panda